Document authentication, witnessing signatures & Affidavits
What is a Notary Public?
A Notary is a lawyer who is specifically qualified to verify legal documents creating or affecting rights, duties and obligations outside the UK. A Notary is also required in international transactions or litigation proceedings in a foreign court.
Martin Wood is a Solicitor and Notary Public at Wood Sherwood & Co Solicitors in Pocklington, York, providing Notarisation and Legalisation services in York, Malton, Driffield, Beverley and surrounding areas.
We also offer comprehensive legal services for businesses
How we can help our Private Clients
- I am buying abroad and I have been told that I need to have documents notarised.
- My father has died abroad and I need to have Probate documents authenticated by a Notary.
- I have to sign documents that are needed abroad and my identification and signature need to be verified by a Notary.
- I am a foreign citizen living in the UK and I would like to claim my country‚Äôs pension, I need to have my identification verified by a Notary.¬
We also offer comprehensive legal services for individuals
How we can help our Commercial Clients
- Notarising company documentation for use abroad.
- Obtaining appropriate legalisation from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Foreign Embassies and Chamber Trade.
- Securing translation of foreign documents prior to notarisation.